After completing this course you are able to better understand immnoscience. This module offers the basics on immunology, focused on medical specialist who are interested in / working with immunotherapy.
The first chapter of this course will help you understand how the immune system works.
- The difference between adaptive and innate immunity
- How do immune cells communicate?
- The relevance of cytokines
The second chapter will provide more detail on the innate immunity.
- What are the key players in innate immune response?
- Role of toll-like receptors
- PAMPS and DAMPS
The third chapter focuses on the adaptive immunity; B-cells.
- Specificity and memory
- Antigen recognition & immune response
- Role of B-cells
The fourth chapter will go into more detail on the adaptive immunity: T-cells.
- Role of T-lymphocytes
- Functions of CD-4 and CD-8
- Major histocompatibility complex
After completing this course, you can take an exam in order to receive your accreditation points.
For 1 point by:
- Nederlandse Vereniging voor Pathologie, until 17th May 2020.
- Nederlandse Vereniging voor Artsen voor Longziekten en Tuberculose (NVALT), until May 27th 2020.
- Stichting KNO-heelkunde (KNO), until May 27th 2020.
- Nederlandse vereniging voor urologie (NVU), until June 6th 2020.
- Verpleegkundig specialisten register (VSR), until May 20th 2019.
Accredition is being requested at NVMDL, NIV and NVZA.
Prof. dr. Pierre Coulie, de Duve Institute UCL.
- Overview of the immune system and its key players
- Innate immune response
- Adaptive immune response with a focus on B-cells and antibodies
- Adaptive immune response with a focus on T-cells and their role in immunotherapies
- Final exam
Educational grant by BMS