Skip to main content
main-content
Top

Tip

Swipe om te navigeren naar een ander artikel

30-10-2019 | Brief Report | Uitgave 2/2020

Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 2/2020

The Influence of Race and Ethnicity on the Relationship between Family Resilience and Parenting Stress in Caregivers of Children with Autism

Tijdschrift:
Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders > Uitgave 2/2020
Auteurs:
Irang Kim, Sarah Dababnah, Jaegoo Lee
Belangrijke opmerkingen

Publisher's Note

Springer Nature remains neutral with regard to jurisdictional claims in published maps and institutional affiliations.

Abstract

We examined the relationship between family resilience and parenting stress among parents of children with autism spectrum disorder, with a specific focus on race/ethnicity as a moderator. Multivariate models indicated that family resilience was associated with parenting stress. Race/ethnicity significantly moderated the relationship between family resilience and parenting stress. The effects of family resilience on parenting stress were significantly different among parents of African American, Hispanic, and white children. These effects were strongest for parents of African American children. Compared to white and Hispanic children, parents of African American children with low levels of family resilience had 60–82% higher probability of parenting stress; while those with high levels of family resilience had 15–18% lower probability for parenting stress.

Log in om toegang te krijgen

Met onderstaand(e) abonnement(en) heeft u direct toegang:

BSL Psychologie Totaal

Met BSL Psychologie Totaal blijft u als professional steeds op de hoogte van de nieuwste ontwikkelingen binnen uw vak. Met het online abonnement heeft u toegang tot een groot aantal boeken, protocollen, vaktijdschriften en e-learnings op het gebied van psychologie en psychiatrie. Zo kunt u op uw gemak en wanneer het u het beste uitkomt verdiepen in uw vakgebied.

Literatuur
Over dit artikel

Andere artikelen Uitgave 2/2020

Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 2/2020 Naar de uitgave